RUF believes deeply in the importance of the Church and wants to see students involved with a local church while at college.
The Scriptures never call us to the “solitary” Christian life; rather, we are to be active, living members of the body of Christ—the Church (1 Cor 12:12-27). The visible church isn’t perfect, but she belongs to Christ. She is His beloved bride, His precious jewel (Eph 5:21-33). And if He loves her enough to wash her, sanctify her, and protect her, we should seek to love her too.
For this reason, RUF encourages all students not to neglect the Church during their college years. This is the place where Christians are equipped for service in God’s kingdom (Eph 4:11-12). Even skeptics can find the answers they seek as the Church does its work (1 Cor 14:24-25).
RUF is not a replacement for the church, it is the arm of the church reaching out to the campus. There are many great churches in Raleigh and the surrounding area, several of which have called RUF to participate with them in advancing the Gospel of grace to this world. We encourage you to visit them and find a place where you can get involved regularly while you are in college.
Want to read more about why you need a local church in College? Check out this blog post.
If you need a ride to a church, we have students who would be glad to give you a ride. Contact us and we will help connect you.
- Midtown Community Church- Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC, (919) 601-3903
- Christ the King - Downtown, Raleigh, NC, (919) 546-0515
- Peace Presbyterian Church - Cary, NC, (919) 467-5977
- Calvary Presbyterian Church - Raleigh, NC, (919) 781-9015
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church - Raleigh, NC, (919) 518-2370
- Trinity Park Presbyterian Church - Morrisville, (919) 518-3535